- Melted butter, to grease : 2 Tbs
- Dried Mixed Fruit : 1 Cup
- Unsalted Butter : 1 Cup
- Orange juice : 1 Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour : 1 Cup very finely Chopped
- Soda Bicarbonate : 1 Tsp
- Cinnamon : 1 Tsp
- Jaggery Powder : 1 Cup
- Eggs : 3 Lightly Whisked
- Grease an 8 cup pudding basin with melted butter. Line the cups with baking foil.
- Combine the dried fruit( dried cherries, dried figs, dried pears, dried dates, and orange juice in a pan over medium flame. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes. Set aside for half an hour to cool.
- Mix flour, soda bicarbonate, cinnamon in a bowl. Mix fruit mixture, butter, jaggery powder and eggs and whisk until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pudding steamer and close the lid.
- Insert pudding basin into a large pan. Pour in enough boiling water to combine halfway up the side of the pan. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Cook, covered, adding boiling water if necessary, for about 5 hours until a fork inserted into the pudding comes out clean.
Remove steamer from pan, and set it aside for about 10 minutes.
Kindly make suggestions in the comment box below. If you are happy with the recipe like, share and subscribe.
Disclaimer: Some of us might be allergic to certain food items. Kindly consult a specialist before consuming anything that doesn’t suit you.