– Whole wheat flour : 2 & 1/2 Cups
– Cold Water : 1 Tbsp
– Coconut Oil : 1 Tbs and
– Eggs : 3 Lightly Beaten
– Salt : 1/2 Tsp
Vegetable Noodles Ingredients
– Carrots : 1/3 Cup finely chopped in slices (the way it is in noodles)
– Capsicum : 1/3 Cup finely chopped in slices
– Onion : 1/3 Cup finely chopped in slices – Cold Water : 1 Tbsp
– Coconut Oil : 1/3 Tbsp
– Lemon Juice : 1 Tsp
– Salt : 1 Tsp (as per your liking)
– Garlic : 2 cloves crushed
– Oregano : 1 Tsp -Star Anise : 1 piece
– Pepper: 1/4 Tsp
Noodles from the Scratch
- Add 2 cups whole wheat flour and salt in a bowl and mix. Make a well in a center of the flour and add eggs and water. Gradually knead with hands until well blended.
- Gather into a ball and knead for about 10 minutes. Divide the dough into thirds. Lightly flour the surface and roll each part into a paper-thin rectangle. Dust top of the flattenned dough with flour to prevent sticking while rolling. Trim the edges and flour both sides of dough.
- Roll the flattenned dough. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/4-in. slices. Unroll noodles and allow to dry before cooking.
- In a pan, boil the water and add salt to it. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the water; gently drop noodles into the boiling water and cook until tender but not soft. his should take about 7-10 minutes. Strain the noodles and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add crushed garlic and star anise on medium flame.
- Once the garlic becomes golden, add vegetables.
- After 3-4 minutes of stirring the vegetables on the medium flame add noodles, , salt and black order in that order. (if you are okay with using vinegar add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar now. But in this case, dont add the lemon juice in the end)Toss the noodles for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from flame and add lemon juice and oregano and mix gently.